Area of work
At Rassers I have gained experience in all aspects of corporate law, but the emphasis is on acquisitions, participations and partnerships, especially for larger SME companies. I also litigate in company and acquisition disputes.
Standing up for someone else
The legal profession is a great profession. You have to stand up for someone else. I am always very aware of the trust that that a person gives me. You must not violate that trust in any way. I always do everything I can to use my client's legal position to its maximum advantage.
Many of the cases I work on are of an international nature. That means that, not only is a large part of my work in English, but also that I have to be able to appreciate many different backgrounds as well. I am actually the product of multiple cultures myself, so from a young age I have learned to make such ‘translations’. That’s something I’m able to often make use of in my work.
- Dutch law, Tilburg University
• Guest lecturer in corporate law with clients, business relations, and network organisations
Recent work activities
- supervision of the CVS Group Plc in the processing and takeover of various veterinary practices (2018);
- supervision of shareholders of Van Leusden B.V. (specialised in tailor-made hoisting and lifting solutions for maritime and offshore use) in the sale and delivery of 37.5% of their shares to Kito Europe GmbH, part of KITO Group. a global supplier with high market shareholdings in Japan and North America (2018);
- supervision of Shred-it Netherlands B.V. (a worldwide market leader in the field of information security) in the acquisition of the archive and data destruction activities of Van der Elst B.V.;
- supervision of Oorschot Heavy Lift B.V. (one of the largest crane traders in the Netherlands) in the acquisition of the French company ABC Location Matériels SARL and participation by the Spanish company Gruas Larios in Oorschot Heavy Lift B.V. (2017);
- supervision of app developer StepOrange B.V. for the sale and transfer of part of its business to the Belgian company ABSI SA (2017);
- supervision of the Horticoop cooperative for a stake in Mardenkro B.V. together with the French company Sudlac SAS (2016);
- supervision of the Rüttchen family business in the sale of the Mercedes-Benz dealership of Rüttchen Automotive to the Louwman Group family business (2016);
- supervision of Bettinehoeve (the largest producer of fresh and ripened goat's cheese in the BeNeLux) in the sale of a partial interest to the Swiss cheese producer Emmi (2016);
- supervision of the sale and transfer of Henningsen Nederland B.V. to the Japanese company Ariake Japan.